Thought for the Day
“If Jesus, Moses, the Buddha and Mohammed
were to bump into each other along the road
and go have a cup of tea or whatever,
I think we all know
they would treat one another far different and far better
than a lot of their followers would.”
~ Brian D. McLaren
*Brian D. McLaren
A prominent Christian pastor, author, activist and speaker and leading figure in the emerging church movement. McLaren has written more than 20 books, and he is a principal figure in the Emerging Church, a Christian movement that rejects the organized and institutional church in favor of a more modern, accepting community.
Did You Know?
Animals also are either right-handed or left-handed. Polar bears are left-handed and so is Kermit the Frog.
Today’s Word: fugacious
fugacious – adjective fyü-?g?-sh?s
- lasting a short time
Her fugacious attempt to reach the top was compounded by poor planning and lack of preparation.
brief, deciduous, ephemeral, evanescent, flash,fleeting, momentary, fugitive, impermanent, passing, short-lived, temporary, transient, transitory
- 1709 – Samuel Johnson, English writer and lexicographer (d. 1784)
- 1905 – Greta Garbo, Swedish actress (d. 1990)
- 1905 – Eddie Anderson, “Rochester” American actor (d. 1977)
- 1939 – Fred Willard, American comedian
- 1953 – Carl Jackson, American country and bluegrass musician
- 1979 – Vinay Rai, Indian actor
Holidays: Days of celebration and remembrance.
- National Cheeseburger Day, (USA)
- World Water Monitoring Day (International)
- Independence Day in (Chile) (Zimbabwe)
- Day of National Music (Azerbaijan)
- 1895 – Daniel David Palmer gives the first chiropractic adjustment.
- 1919 – The Netherlands gives women the right to vote.
- 1974 – Hurricane Fifi strikes Honduras, 110 mph winds, killing 5,000.
- 1975 – Patty Hearst is arrested after a year on the FBI Most Wanted List.
- 1984 – Joe Kittinger – first solo balloon crossing of the Atlantic.
- 2009 – The 72 year run of soap opera The Guiding Light ends.
September 18 is the 261th day of the year, 104 days remain
Please Click Here to take our survey.
Every little bit helps. Thanks.