Thought for the Day
When it’s all over,
it’s not who you were.
It’s whether you made a difference.
~ Bob Dole
Robert Joseph Semore “Bob” Dole (born July 22, 1923) is an American attorney and politician. Dole represented Kansas in the United States Senate from 1969 to 1996, was Gerald Ford’s Vice Presidential running mate in the 1976 presidential election, and was Senate Majority Leader from 1985 to 1987 and in 1995 and 1996. Dole was the Republican Party presidential nominee in the presidential election of 1996, but he lost to incumbent Democrat Bill Clinton.
Source | More
Today’s word: Ruminate
- to engage in contemplation : meditate
- to chew again what has been chewed slightly and swallowed : chew the cud
I could ruminate the day away about the benefits of being outdoors in nature.
meditate – reflect – muse – ponder – contemplate
- 879 – King Charles III of France (d. 929)
- 1923 – Hank Williams, American musician (d. 1953)
- 1928 – Roddy McDowall, English actor (d. 1998)
- 1929 – Stirling Moss, London England, race car driver
- 1930 – Jim Rohn, American business philosopher (d. 2009)
- 1931 – Anne Bancroft, American actress (d. 2005)
- 1939 – David Souter, U.S. Supreme Court Justice
- 1945 – Bruce Spence, New Zealand actor
- 1968 – Anastacia, American singer
- 1968 – Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess of Greece
- 1975 – Jimmie Johnson, American race car driver
- 1976 – Peja (musician), the nickname of Ryszard Andrzejewski, a Polish rap performer.
Holidays: Days of celebration and remembrance.
- Day of Melilla Spain
- Teacher´s Day Honduras
- Rosh Hashana (New Year) Israel
- Respect for the Aged Day Japan
- 1787 – The United States Constitution is signed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1849 – American abolitionist Harriet Tubman escapes from slavery.
- 1908 – The Wright Flyer flown by Orville Wright, with Lieutenant Thomas Selfridge as passenger, crashes killing Selfridge. He becomes the first airplane fatality.
- 1961 – The world’s first retractable-dome stadium, the Civic Arena, opens in Pittsburgh.
- 1965 – “The Smothers Brothers Show“, debuted on CBS-TV
- 1965 – Amphibious cars arrive in Frankfurt after sailing across the English Channel
- 1967 – “Mission Impossible” premieres on CBS-TV
- 1972 – “M*A*S*H,” premieres on NBC TV
- 1983 – Vanessa Williams becomes the first black Miss America.
- 2010 – The 54 year run of the soap opera As the World Turns ends as its final episode is broadcast.
- 2011 – Occupy Wall Street movement begins in Zucotti Park, New York City.
Did You Know:
In 1924 a monkey was tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana, USA
September 17 is the 260th day of the year, 105 days remain
Please Click Here to take our survey.
[paypal-donation]Every little bit helps. Thanks.