In the past, your existing home was perfect for you and your family. However, now you’ve outgrown it and it’s time to find something that is a better fit. This means it is time to begin the process of selling your existing Dallas, Texas home while buying a new home. Continue reading for several tips on how to begin and easily navigate the process.
Enlist the help of a professional
Selling your home is a lengthy and invasive process. From staging to showings, negotiations, and closings, the home selling process takes time, close attention to detail, and quite a bit of know-how. Rather than place the full burden of selling on yourself, enlist the help of a top real estate agent. Dallas, Texas top real estate agents are known for their ability to list, stage, market, and sell a home quickly and with as little hassle to the seller as possible.
Understand the timeline
Selling a house can take a bit of time, especially if you are selling during the off-season or if the market is slowing. Assuming there are no hiccups in the selling process the timeline to sell a home will look something like this:
- Prepare your home for sale (4 to 6 weeks)
- Shop for a new home (8 weeks)
- List your house for sale (approximately 6 weeks between listing and contract then another 4 weeks to closing)
- Close on your new home (approximately 4 weeks)
Get your home sale ready
If you are going to sell your home quickly and easily in today’s real estate market you need to get your home in sale-ready shape. This means:
- Decluttering – Remove overly personal items and items that do not add to the beauty of your house
- Deep cleaning – Scrub every surface of the house to make it appear as new as possible
- Staging – Move furniture and other household items to positions where they make each space look larger, more accessible, and appealing to buyers
- Outdoor maintenance – Lawn care, debris removable, trim overgrown trees and bushes
- Necessary repairs – Any repairs that have to do with the structure and safety of the house
- Curb appeal updates – Curb appeal accounts for a large portion of buyer interest – Update landscaping with low maintenance bushes, flowers, and a layer of fresh mulch – update backyard amenities and deep clean existing ones
Opt for a faster sale
There are times when you need to sell your home so that you can use the funds to purchase a new home. If that is the case for you, consider using a home-buying company. A home-buying company such as HomeLight’s Simple Sale platform is an easy hassle-free way for you to sell your Dallas home fast. Simple Sale requires you to put in relevant information about your home and will then make an all-cash offer within 10 days. You can also select a move-out date that works best for you allowing you more time to purchase a new home. Once you have received the funds from your sale you can use that money as a down payment for your new home.
Selling a home does not need to be complicated, time-consuming, and difficult. The best way to begin a home sale is with the help of a trusted real estate agent. If time is of the essence you should consider using a home-buying company or work with a real estate agent who will speed up the selling process for you.