Thought for the Day
Doubt is a pain too lonely
to know that faith is his twin brother.
~ Khalil Gibran
*Gubran Khalil Gubran
A Lebanese American artist, poet, and writer. Born in the town of Bsharri in modern-day Lebanon (then part of the Ottoman Mount Lebanon mutasarrifate), as a young man he emigrated with his family to the United States where he studied art and began his literary career. He is chiefly known for his 1923 book The Prophet, a series of philosophical essays written in English prose. An early example of Inspirational fiction, the book sold well despite a cool critical reception, and became extremely popular in the 1960s counterculture. Gibran is considered to be the third most widely read poet in history, behind Shakespeare and Lao-Tzu.
Did You Know?
It is impossible to lick your elbow.
Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.
I Did 🙂
Word For The Day: maladroit
maladroit \ma-l?-?dr?it\ adjective
- lacking skill, cleverness, or resourcefulness in handling situations : inept
awkward, butterfingered, cack-handed[British], graceless, ham-fisted, ham-handed, handless,heavy-handed, left-handed, clumsy, unhandy
As a manager Chris is a maladroit, stumbling and grumbling he tries to maintain some semblance of control.
The raccoon’s maladroit behavior had me concerned that he may have rabies.
How to Use Mind Powers to Change Your Life?
Discover How Ancient Mind Secrets Can Help You Manifest Prosperity
- 1933 – David McCallum, Scottish actor
- 1945 – David Bromberg, American multi-instrumentalist, singer, and songwriter
- 1949 – Twiggy, English model
- 1958 – Lucky Ali, Indian singer, composer and actor
- 1974 – Jimmy Fallon, American actor and comedian
- 1977 – Maria Rita, Brazilian singer
Holidays: Days of celebration and remembrance.
- 1692 – Giles Corey is pressed to death in the Salem witch trials.
- 1934 – Bruno Hauptmann, arrested, kidnap and murder of Charles Lindbergh Jr..
- 1946 – The first Cannes Film Festival is held.
- 1970 – The first Glastonbury Festival is held at Michael Eavis’s farm.
- 1981 – Simon & Garfunkel reunite for a free concert in New York’s Central Park
- 1991 – Ötzi the Iceman is discovered by German tourists.
September 19 is the 262nd day of the year, 103 days remain
Please Click Here to take our survey.
Every little bit helps. Thanks.