Thought for the Day
“If Jesus, Moses, the Buddha and Mohammed
were to bump into each other along the road
and go have a cup of tea or whatever,
I think we all know
they would treat one another far different and far better
than a lot of their followers would.”
~ Brian D. McLaren
*Brian D. McLaren
A prominent Christian pastor, author, activist and speaker and leading figure in the emerging church movement. McLaren has written more than 20 books, and he is a principal figure in the Emerging Church, a Christian movement that rejects the organized and institutional church in favor of a more modern, accepting community.
Did You Know?
Animals also are either right-handed or left-handed. Polar bears are left-handed and so is Kermit the Frog.
Today’s Word: fugacious
fugacious – adjective \fyü-?g?-sh?s\
- lasting a short time
Her fugacious attempt to reach the top was compounded by poor planning and lack of preparation.
brief, deciduous, ephemeral, evanescent, flash,fleeting, momentary, fugitive, impermanent, passing, short-lived, temporary, transient, transitory
- 1709 – Samuel Johnson, English writer and lexicographer (d. 1784)
- 1905 – Greta Garbo, Swedish actress (d. 1990)
- 1905 – Eddie Anderson, “Rochester” American actor (d. 1977)
- 1939 – Fred Willard, American comedian
- 1953 – Carl Jackson, American country and bluegrass musician
- 1979 – Vinay Rai, Indian actor
Holidays: Days of celebration and remembrance.
- National Cheeseburger Day, (USA)
- World Water Monitoring Day (International)
- Independence Day in (Chile) (Zimbabwe)
- Day of National Music (Azerbaijan)
- 1895 – Daniel David Palmer gives the first chiropractic adjustment.
- 1919 – The Netherlands gives women the right to vote.
- 1974 – Hurricane Fifi strikes Honduras, 110 mph winds, killing 5,000.
- 1975 – Patty Hearst is arrested after a year on the FBI Most Wanted List.
- 1984 – Joe Kittinger – first solo balloon crossing of the Atlantic.
- 2009 – The 72 year run of soap opera The Guiding Light ends.
September 18 is the 261th day of the year, 104 days remain
Please Click Here to take our survey.
[paypal-donation]Every little bit helps. Thanks.