“Shared joy is a double joy;
shared sorrow is half a sorrow.”
Proverb; (from Latin: proverbium) is a simple and concrete saying popularly known and repeated, which expresses a truth, based on common sense or the practical experience of humanity. They are often metaphorical. A proverb that describes a basic rule of conduct may also be known as a maxim. If a proverb is distinguished by particularly good phrasing, it may be known as an aphorism.
Word For the Day: Consign
- To give over to another’s care
- to give, transfer, or deliver into the hands or control of another. also: to commit especially to a final destination or fate
address, appoint, assign, authorize, commend to, commission, commit, confide, convey, delegate, deliver, deposit with, dispatch, forward, give, issue, put in charge of, relegate, remit, route, send, ship, transfer, transmit, turn over
- Our elderly mother is now consigned to a nursing home.
- Current technology has developed to a point that many had long consigned to futuristic fancy.
Did you know?
The grizzly bear is the official state animal of California. But no grizzly bears have been seen there since 1922.
Today in History September 23:
- 1889 – Nintendo Koppai is founded by Fusajiro Yamauchi
- 1846 – The planet Neptune is discovered.
- 1962 – The Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts opens in New York.
- 1962 – “The Jetsons” premiered on ABC-TV.
- 1998 – “Shadrach”, from Columbia Pictures, opened in U.S. theatres.
- 2002 – Web browser Mozilla Firefox (“Phoenix 0.1”) is released.
Happy birthday today September 23:
- 1861 – Robert Bosch, German inventor and industrialist (d. 1942)
- 1920 – Mickey Rooney, American actor
- 1939 – Roy Buchanan, American guitarist (d. 1988)
- 1949 – Bruce Springsteen, American singer-songwriter
- 1959 – Martin Page, English singer and songwriter
- 1976 – Sarah Blasko, Australian singer-songwriter and musician
Check out Sarah Blasko, What a beautiful & unique voice she has. Cool Video too, things are not always the way they appear.
Today is the 266th day of the year 99 days remain.